Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migrating from iPhoto 08 on Macbook to iPhoto 11on Mac Mini

Hi

I currently have my photo library in iPhoto 08 on my MacBook. I'm thinking of investing in a Mac Mini which will presumably have iPhoto 11 (or whatever the latest version of iPhoto is).

I've searched for information on how to migrate the photos from one to the other but any answers I've seen deal with upgrading from 08 to 11.

Can anyone advise me on how this can be achieved?

Thanks

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), 13" Aluminium Late 2008, 4Gb RAM

Posted on Jul 2, 2013 1:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2013 1:37 PM

To move an iPhoto Library to a new machine:

Link the two Macs together: there are several ways to do this: Wireless Network,Firewire Target Disk Mode, Ethernet, or even just copy the Library to an external HD and then on to the new machine...

But however you do choose to link the two machines...

Simply copy the iPhoto Library from the Pictures Folder on the old Machine to the Pictures Folder on the new Machine.

Then launch iPhoto. That's it.

This moves photos, events, albums, books, keywords, slideshows and everything else.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2013 1:37 PM in response to El Morche

To move an iPhoto Library to a new machine:

Link the two Macs together: there are several ways to do this: Wireless Network,Firewire Target Disk Mode, Ethernet, or even just copy the Library to an external HD and then on to the new machine...

But however you do choose to link the two machines...

Simply copy the iPhoto Library from the Pictures Folder on the old Machine to the Pictures Folder on the new Machine.

Then launch iPhoto. That's it.

This moves photos, events, albums, books, keywords, slideshows and everything else.

Migrating from iPhoto 08 on Macbook to iPhoto 11on Mac Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.