Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pro Tools beginner's advice?

I have no experience with Pro Tools and the time has come where I need to learn it ASAP!

I'm Logic through and through. My first problem is my current system - an old school Intel duo MBP 2.5Ghz/4GB RAM.

Second problem is Pro Tools itself, which version will run on my machine and will it cost me my house? Will I have to buy

Pro Tools hardware too?

I don't have a clue where to start! Will an LE version be sufficient enough to get going? Am I just going to have to invest in

a new Mac?

Thanks in advance...

Posted on Jul 2, 2013 1:44 PM

1 reply

Jul 3, 2013 2:40 AM in response to Thedeeb

i'll assume you absolutely must use pro tools (why?), and so ask, what is it that you want to do?

the sorts of things that will determine what best suits you are things like, how many inputs, how many outputs, the type of music/sound you work with, the amount of money you're able to fork out to satisfy the above.

from now on, there are going to be (basically) 3 versions of pro tools, all v11. HD, Native, and a starter version.

it's a great piece of software and good time to get into it, but lots of people, me included, feel that avid have taken their loyal cutomers on a bit of a merry-go-round over the last 5 or so years. the company has been through a major overhaul and hopelfully the new software will reflect that.

it's worth noting, that unless you are a professional, there are many just as good alternatives, that are either free or very low priced. when i say just as good, i mean just as good. the same power, plugs, tracks, ins and outs.

logic is as good if not better as a writing tool as pro tools, and you already know logic well...

Pro Tools beginner's advice?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.