Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Games running much slower in Win 7 than they are in OSX.

I've been using bootcamp for two years, absolutely zero problems. Then a few days ago I decide to do a fresh install of OSX as it was getting a bit bogged down by random junk and such, and as a consequence, my Bootcamp partition was deleted. I've reinstalled bootcamp and now I notice that games are running PAINFULLY slowly. On OSX I can run SCII on all low settings, but on Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit it refuses to run on minimal settings in the lowest possible resolution. It's the same with DOTA 2, League of Legends. I used to be able to play Tribes: Ascend and Blacklight: Retribution and all of them are now unplayable. My brother's laptop with the HD4000 is running them on medium settings without so much as a hint of complaint, whereas my computer can't even run them on the lowest settings smoothly. I have the MBP with the HD3000, surely the performance gap isn't that much? I know it's not that I can't run these games, as I was playing DOTA 2 hours before I reinstalled Bootcamp and it was running like silk, and after my reinstall it refuses to run properly. OSX is running fine and the Desktop environment in Win 7 also seems to be doing ok. I've checked all my display drivers and they are all up to date. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro, Windows 7, 13" MBP with i5 and HD3000

Posted on Jul 2, 2013 1:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2013 2:29 PM

If you fresh installed Win 7, then it takes some time to revalidate with Microsoft and supply all the Windows updates, it might be intentionally hobbled until the validation clears.

I wouldn't be using Win online without all the updates in place.

7 replies

Jul 2, 2013 2:43 PM in response to Zaid Salman

Zaid,

Did you reinstall the Boot Camp drivers and such when you recreated your Boot Camp partition, from the big EXE file that Boot Camp Assistant creates on your installation media?

To the best of my knowledge, Windows does not hobble itself without activation, you just lose the ability to get updates when the grace period expires. So my first guess would be to make sure all the appropriate drivers are installed.

Games running much slower in Win 7 than they are in OSX.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.