Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Win7 and Bootcamp 4 - trackpad won't work

I have installed Windows 7 (32bit) on a mid 2007 24inch iMac. Also installed are Bootcamp drivers (version 4) as directed on the Apple suitability page.

Everything seems to be fine apart from my Apple Trackpad just won't respond. In Windows Device Manager, there is no Trackpad listed under 'Human Interface Devices' nor under mouse, although 'Apple Mighty Mouse' is listed as this is the only way I can select things in Windows currently.

I have tried getting Windows to search for a wireless device, but nothing.

I have seen from other forums that this appears to be a common problem.

Does anyone have a solution?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4), mid-2007

Posted on Jul 2, 2013 1:54 PM

2 replies

Jul 3, 2013 12:41 AM in response to BobTheFisherman

Thank you for your reply Bob. Unfortunately, I don't have any reference to Trackpad in the Bootcamp control panel, which I am guessing means that the driver is not properly installed. This is odd as I am sure that there is reference to Apple Trackpad in the list of drivers that appears in Windows device manager. I am unclear if its possible to either reinstall Bootcamp's Windows Support files or only install the trackpad part of the installation.

Chris

Win7 and Bootcamp 4 - trackpad won't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.