Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my time capsule hd is full?

Hi

My Time Capsule HD is now full and I have started losing my earliest backups. What impact, if any, will this have on the backup of my iPhoto Library? If I had to restore it would it still be complete?

Time Capsule 500Gb-OTHER, 2nd Gen

Posted on Jul 2, 2013 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2013 3:41 PM

Deletion of earlier files will never go so far as to delete the current backup. You will lose the history.. not the current.

But I would seriously think about,

1. Replacement of the TC.. a Gen2 is living on borrowed time. They become unreliable after 3years.. you are stretching fate.. now.. already taut.. it will snap soon.

2. Use a USB drive plugged into the TC.

This will survive the TC failure.. and you can keep using it.. will work even better of course plugged directly into the computer you are backing up.

3. Archive the old TC to save the older backups from further deletion.. wipe the TC and start over with a clean backup.. no bad deal.. USB drive plugged in will take overnight to backup 500GB but should be ok. Still won't save it from d-day.

4. Sell off and buy a new TC.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2013 3:41 PM in response to El Morche

Deletion of earlier files will never go so far as to delete the current backup. You will lose the history.. not the current.

But I would seriously think about,

1. Replacement of the TC.. a Gen2 is living on borrowed time. They become unreliable after 3years.. you are stretching fate.. now.. already taut.. it will snap soon.

2. Use a USB drive plugged into the TC.

This will survive the TC failure.. and you can keep using it.. will work even better of course plugged directly into the computer you are backing up.

3. Archive the old TC to save the older backups from further deletion.. wipe the TC and start over with a clean backup.. no bad deal.. USB drive plugged in will take overnight to backup 500GB but should be ok. Still won't save it from d-day.

4. Sell off and buy a new TC.

my time capsule hd is full?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.