Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microphone Probs

Hi Everybody!
I just got done writing another discussion about my headphone jack - if you know how to fix one of those, plese go comment on my last post.

I also have some troubles with my microphone...it still works, but barely. I have to scream into it, and it's still low...and with the new things (Vine, Instavideo, Keek ect.) it *****! I really would appreciate it if somebody had a free way I could fix this problem.

If anybody knows how to, please let me know ASAP! & If you know how to fix my headphone jack, make sure you comment on my last post.

Thank you, and may God bless!

-Nicki

iPod touch, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jul 2, 2013 4:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2013 6:08 AM

- Make sure the mic hole is clear and unobstructed. It is the little hole on the back by the camera lens

- Open the Voice Memos app and see if you see movement on the VU meter needle with changes in noise level trying to be recorded.

If the hole is clear then y have a hardware problem and I knoe of no solution vice replacement of the mic or exchange of the iPod. However, mic replacment is not even listed:

http://www.ifixit.com/Device/iPod_Touch_4th_Generation

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2013 6:08 AM in response to nicknack7

- Make sure the mic hole is clear and unobstructed. It is the little hole on the back by the camera lens

- Open the Voice Memos app and see if you see movement on the VU meter needle with changes in noise level trying to be recorded.

If the hole is clear then y have a hardware problem and I knoe of no solution vice replacement of the mic or exchange of the iPod. However, mic replacment is not even listed:

http://www.ifixit.com/Device/iPod_Touch_4th_Generation

Microphone Probs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.