Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes / iCloud / music...

Sorry if this is stupid. If I upload my music to iTunes - can i get it to my ipad without connecting it to a computer? Like through iCloud?

Thank you

iPad

Posted on Jul 2, 2013 4:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2013 5:41 PM

Yes, by enabling iTunes Match on your computer based library the Songs can be uploaded or matched 'in the cloud'. Enabling iTunes Match on your iPad will allow you to access these Songs without the use of the computer.

6 replies

Jul 2, 2013 10:00 PM in response to SewUnusuals

Keep in mind that iCloud and iTunes Match are seperate services offered by Apple. One does not require the other, although they are related. When you purchase and enable iTunes Match in iTunes, on your computer, tracks are not "uploaded to iTunes" or to "iCloud." Your iTunes library is mirrored "in the cloud" by matching to music that is available for sale on the iTunes Music Store you are registered to use; some tracks will actually be "uploaded."

When the service is enabled on an iOS device nothing is downloaded except a list of tracks avialble in the cloud. You will be able to see all the tracks and play them, but nothing will be automatically downloaded.

iTunes / iCloud / music...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.