Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased movies not showing up on my itunes history

I have 35 movies on my itunes account that I downloaded from itunes with the Digital copies that I recieved when buying blu rays. What is weird is that some of the movies that aren't showing up are recent downloads. I would have expected older films to not be on my history but I have a few movies from a couple months ago that do not appear in my itunes History. Is there any way to get these movies on the cloud? I still have the digital copy codes for them but I don't think they will work as I have already used them once.

iTunes-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), iTunes Purchase history

Posted on Jul 2, 2013 11:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2013 7:10 AM

Not all movies are available for re-download via iTunes in the Cloud. What are one or more of the movies?

19 replies

Aug 17, 2013 7:24 AM in response to devilla06

Hi, I had a similar issue with previously downloaded items disappearing from the Purchased section of iTunes Store. However, I happened to be checking my Account details and noticed a link to Hidden Purchases! Clicked on it and there were the films that had not been visible under purchased. I 'unhid' them and everything is now as expected: films are visible when I inspect my purchased items in the store.

I don't know how this random selection of films and tv shows got hidden but hope this solves your problem.

Oct 13, 2014 7:53 AM in response to Rayansb

I can't see my purchased movies and I think it might be due to my hard drive getting close to being full, and I went to the folder

Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Movies

and deleted some movies directly there, and the database is "messed up" (when I should have right clicked on the movie inside of iTunes and then choose Delete).

One solution I have is:

1. Quit iTunes if it is running

2. press and hold the Options key and click the iTunes icon to run it

3. Now it will ask if you want to use a different library or create a new one

4. Choose "create a new one" and give it a name such as "iTunes another library"

5. Now you have everything fresh and it will download the movies list again. Just be aware that whatever you download, it will occupy space in addition to what you had in the old library

6. If you want to switch back to the old library, quit iTunes and press Options and start iTunes again and this time, click "Choose Library".

I am looking for a way to "rebuild" or "fix" the old library instead of starting a new one. If somebody found that out please help by posting it here.

Purchased movies not showing up on my itunes history

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.