Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11 won't sync/autofill; not enough free space.

I follow the support thread for 4th Gen iPod Shuffle looking for "autofill" instructions... it winds its way to instructions for iTunes 10. I know how to do it in 10, but I hav 11 now and it doesn't seem to be the same. I do get the option to sync the ipod but now I get the error "Not enough free space to hold all of the selected items." That is the point. I want it to randomly autofill my 2GB iPod from a selection of songs that is significantly larger than that. That way, I get some fresh songs rotated in when i sync. In v10 I used to get that error but I could say "Okay" and it would randomly choose from the list until the iPod was full. Now it just doesn't do anything. It makes me sad to think of all the time I've spent trying to keep this $50 player useful, and that autofill from a vast library feature is the entire reason for the Shuffle's being.

I sort of hope the answer is right in front of my eyes. Sort of.

Thanks in advance for any blindingly obvious answers and/or words of comfort you might have. ;-)

iPod shuffle, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Shuffle Gen. 4, iTunes 11

Posted on Jul 2, 2013 9:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2013 8:14 AM

Hello WyoLarsens,

Thanks for the question.

The following article outlines how to setup autofill in iTunes 11 for Mac:

iTunes 11 for Mac: Set up syncing for iPod, iPhone, or iPad

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH12113

You'll want to click on your device, then choose "On this iPod". At the bottom, you'll have the "Autofill From", "Settings", and "Autofill" options.

User uploaded file

Thanks,

Matt M.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2013 8:14 AM in response to WyoLarsens

Hello WyoLarsens,

Thanks for the question.

The following article outlines how to setup autofill in iTunes 11 for Mac:

iTunes 11 for Mac: Set up syncing for iPod, iPhone, or iPad

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH12113

You'll want to click on your device, then choose "On this iPod". At the bottom, you'll have the "Autofill From", "Settings", and "Autofill" options.

User uploaded file

Thanks,

Matt M.

iTunes 11 won't sync/autofill; not enough free space.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.