Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Record/Rip old vinyl/turn table records, cassette tapes, etc.?

Hello.

How easy, cheap, and quick is it to record/rip old vinyl/turn table records, cassette tapes, etc. to iTunes, iPods, and iPhones on a MacBook Pro (2008's Mac OS X 10.5.8 and 2012's Mac OS X 10.8.4)? Does it need special audio adapters, cables, etc.? Without driver support I hope since it would be used a lot and for a long time.

Thank you in advance. 🙂

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), 13.3" MacBook Pro (9,2/MD102ll/A)

Posted on Jul 3, 2013 1:46 AM

3 replies

Jul 3, 2013 2:22 AM in response to antdude

Pardon, even though i own a Macbook Pro, ive owned SO many laptops, I had a brain lapse, lol

In the case of the Pro, i meant a stereo to USB connector, theyre cheap on ebay.

I have LOTS of recording devices, Ive found BEST audio from old media is got by using a stereo to stereo cord from tape/record into a Sony high end digital recorder that saves onto an SD card. POP IN SD card into your Pro, then use soundforge or another to remove hiss, etc etc, all the trash parts with filtering, and save as MP3 or other.

Record/Rip old vinyl/turn table records, cassette tapes, etc.?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.