Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AFP not working but SMB does Xserve 10.6.8

Hello All,

I have a Xserve running 10.8.6 running file shares. This is a mixe envirment so I have both SMB and AFP enabled on the server. My issue is today I found out that AFP is not entirtly working. Using Command+K I can connect to the server using afp://server.local authenticate and see all the folders. If I select a folder from the list it works just fine. If I try to connect to a folder directly for example, afp://server.local/folder, it gives me the authentication prompt and after I type in my password it get a connection error. It states just states that there was an error connecting and I need to check the server name or IP address. This erro comes up if I use server.local or the IP address. SMB works just fine on both Mac and PC. I've checked DNS settings and the server resolves properly. The reason I need AFP is to setup my Deploy Studio.

Thanks for any help.

Xserve, OS X Server

Posted on Jul 3, 2013 7:04 AM

1 reply

AFP not working but SMB does Xserve 10.6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.