Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is daw.apple?

Hello, I am a long time apple user and recently noticed a message pop up when I am on my iMac. I don't remember if I'm getting into mail or a web page but I get a box that asks if I will allow daw.apple.com to access my keychain info. What is daw.apple? I have not seen or heard of 'daw' before but maybe something in a recent update has shifted something.

Also, when I goggled this, it took me to my apple id profile and asked me if I want to combine my two apple ID's. I have the one I set up years ago for these discussion forums, long before I had an account in itunes, etc. When I got my first iphone, they asked me if I had an apple id. I said, well, I''m not sure, and they asked me what I used for itunes. I said I had not bought anything through itunes so they had me set up a 'new' apple id. so now I have two. I don't mind but, I know which one is for purchases and which is for my discussion history. I am happy to keep them seperate but wonder if there is a reason to combine them.

Thanks for your help.

Michelle

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jul 3, 2013 2:15 PM

9 replies

Jul 3, 2013 3:00 PM in response to Kurt Lang

Thank you Kurt. I am pretty sure that I get this for other log ins. In those cases, is this a sort of 'default' question for any place I am logging into, where I have a user name and password? I know the word/letters 'daw' are new to come up as I always read the messages that pop up. I know one place I started seeing it a lot is when loggin into my imac and this 'daw' message comes up with regards to the chrome browser. I downloaded it when I had two sites that were not working with Safari. Since I did not know what 'daw' was or meant, I've felt leary to say 'allow'.

Michelle

Nov 28, 2016 11:05 AM in response to BellaMichelle

I don't have an answer, but I found about 14 different entries in my "passwords" dialog box of Safari Preferences, all for the same userID. Several were for id.apple.com, several for iforgot.apple.com, several for daw.apple.com, and several others for various other apple.com subdomains. There were several different passwords for the exact same subdomain, and no indication as to which one was the most recent. So it does no good to look it up!

This is a real PIA if when logging in, 3 authentications show up as "from this site" all with different passwords. I thought that when you changed a password, that would remove ALL the other password entries for that subdomain in the "Passwords" dialog box in Safari Preferences, but apparently not.

And getting these to sync across to the phone is another hassle. They just don't sync, even though I have iCloud Keychain turned on anywhere I can find it. So I wind up with totally blank userID and password fields on the phone for a site that fills in perfectly on the Mac. And of course, I don't "know" the password because that's what iCloud Keychain is supposed to be for! And I can't "look it up" because the Mac is at home and I'm not.

Finally, does anyone know why logging into iCloud isn't done by the Keychain? And iTunes Store? Neither of these EVER fills in the password from my Keychain. And did anyone ever try to enter those xxx-yyy-zzz-www type passwords on a phone? You'll be admitted to the nuthouse after 2 or 3 times doing that, shifting between upper case, lower case, the hyphen, and the numbers. Arghhhhhh...

Why doesn't this work? It's a good idea.

Nov 29, 2016 8:55 AM in response to Harold Holbrook

You might want to consider starting a new discussion. Since this one is a couple of years old, less people are likely to look at it. A new post would be much more visible. You can link to this one.

Send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem or a suggestion for change. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem/suggested change solved sooner.

Feedback

What is daw.apple?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.