Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automator workflow to share movies with iTunes 11.0.4

Ok so I have been doing this process manually and it is a roal pain in the but and I am kinda sick of doing it. So I thought why not just automate the whole process and be one click and done, that way I dont need to babysit my computer all day and it will just do it for me.

What I have been doing is I have a whole season of a TV show that I purchase on DVD and have coppied each individual episode to my computer. The problem is all of the files are flash format (.flv) and I can not simply add them to iTunes and then watch them on my iPhone. So what I have been doing is I open the video, it opens into quicktime, then it loads and I click the SHARE tab and then "iTunes..."

The video then starts converting or exporting itself to iTunes. When that porcess finishes iTunes window pops up and it has exported it to my libriary as a move. Thus I go in open the info and change the sorting to TV Shows and I also then add the Show name Episode and Season number along with the breif blurb that the goes with each episode.

How can I automate this whole process. If I can't do the last part that is ok because that is not hard to do and is also the quickest part. Also if possible I would like the workflow to export one episode at a time and when each one is finished then move on to the next one (as to not bog down my cpu and use it as efficiently as possible while not overheating my computer).

Thanks for the help in advance. Also what is the difference between the Share ---> iTunes.. -----> iPhone & iPod size setting in Quicktime and the options that I get with the Export Movies -----> Format ----> iPhone, iPhone (EDGE), iPod, Apple TV, and Quicktime options that get in automator. It is also Quicktime 10.0 if that helps.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), MacBookPro6,2 running 10.6.8

Posted on Jul 3, 2013 5:44 PM

There are no replies.

Automator workflow to share movies with iTunes 11.0.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.