Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

upgraded my iphone 3GS to higher iOS but unfortunately my phone has reset factory setting and now i can't use it anymore... tried to connect to iTunes but it would only say: WE ARE SORRY, WE ARE NOT ABLE TO CONTINUE YOUR ACTIVATION THIS TIME...

tried to upgrade my iPhone 3GS to a higher iOS but unfortunately it had reset factory setting... now i can't use my phone anymore... tried also to connect to iTunes as instructed but only appears: WE ARE SORRY, WE CANNOT CONTINUE YOUR ACTIVATION AT THIS TIME... WHAT SHOULD I DO? THANK YOU...

iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.3.1

Posted on Jul 3, 2013 7:22 PM

3 replies

Feb 17, 2015 8:52 AM in response to AyRish

No, you do not need to nor should you jailbreak your iPhone.

If you jailbreak your iPhone, you void any remaining warranty and lose

all support from Apple including this forum.

4 possible causes to activation server unavailable message:

1] activation server is actually unavailable. Happens very rarely and

does not last long on those rare occasions. Solution is to try again.

2] your firewall/internet security software/antivirus are preventing connection

to the activation server. Solution is to temporarily turn off your firewall/internet

security software/antivirun until you have activated your iPhone.

3] your iPhone has been jailbroken or otherwise hacked/modified.

4] the computer you are using to activate the iPhone has been used to

jailbreak an iOS device.

For causes 3] & 4] you are on your own as Terms of Use for this forum prohibit

discussion of jailbroken/modified iOS devices. Google may provide some direction.

Be advised that jailbreaking/hacking your iPhone may prevent the iPhone from

being able to be activated.

upgraded my iphone 3GS to higher iOS but unfortunately my phone has reset factory setting and now i can't use it anymore... tried to connect to iTunes but it would only say: WE ARE SORRY, WE ARE NOT ABLE TO CONTINUE YOUR ACTIVATION THIS TIME...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.