Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi problem after airport and other updates

Hello,

Please can you help me ? I read many posts related to wifi issues after the latest updates, but seems like I did not find a case that "fits" mine.(or I did not have luck finding the right post, but I really did a deal of searching...)

The thing is:

I have a mid-2012 Retina MBP 8GB Ram, I have updated to 10.8.4 via standalone download file... And no issues after this update.

The problem began after I did the latest airport update (don't recall the exact name and number of it).

I did not have issues connecting to my Cisco WRT160N for the first few days. But 2 days ago, I can not connect to my wifi.

I first reset the wifi modem (so I gave it a new name and new password). All the gadgets but this rMBP do connect.(my iPad, iPod touch, Galaxy Tab etc) And if it does, connection fails or drops. And if it works, the spped would not reach the usual speed.

I still have these updates pending (since I read that some people had issues) :

- Thunderbolt firmware update 1.2

- MBP Retina SMC update 1.1

I tried shift-option-control + power button, I tried safe boot and disk repair (BTW it hung for 6 hours w/o responding so I force shut down)

I took my rMBP to work and no problem connecting to wifi at work.

Even my Ti PowerBook G4 has no issues !

Please can you help me?

thanks a lot in advance!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), Titanium PowerBook G4 1ghz

Posted on Jul 3, 2013 8:29 PM

5 replies

Jul 3, 2013 10:24 PM in response to Sungyub Han

Some users with various Wi-Fi connection problems have reported that they were given the following instructions by Apple Support, sometimes with success. I can't vouch for this procedure myself. After completing the procedure, you'll have to recreate all your settings in the Network preference pane. Make sure you know how to do that before you begin. Taking screenshots of the preference pane may be helpful.

Step 1

Back up all data.

Triple-click the line below the line you're reading now to select it:

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services Reveal

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item named "SystemConfiguration" selected. Move the selected item to the Trash. You may be prompted for your administrator password.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard (command-C). In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar, paste into the box that opens (command-V). You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

Step 2

Reset the System Management Controller

Wifi problem after airport and other updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.