Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Sharing not working on iTunes 11.0.4.4 with new AirPort Extreme

I recently bought a new Airport Extreme (ME918LL/A) for my home and everything works fine except for my Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Dell Studio XPS 435t/9000 Desktop PC. I had a clutter setup before with a router connected to my verizon fios router and a extender connected to that router but worked well. This PC was hardwired directly to the fios router and my apple tv connected to the extender.

Now recented I purchased a new Airport Extreme Base Station to cut out all of this clutter and now this AEBS is connected directly to the FiOS Router and the PC is the only device hardwired to AEBS. Everything else is wireless. Now I have a MacBook Air (2012) and iMac (2011) that connect perfectly to my 3rd Gen Apple tv but this PC wont even get the airplay or home sharing button anymore. I have tried turning off the IPV6 and Turning off the Firewall and nothing seems to work. There is nothing wrong with the internet connection or the Apple TV's since i am able to connect my iPhone 5 and Macs to the Apple TV's

Please Help ASAP this is my main Computer I stream from and can't go too long without it. I also realize that others are going through the same thing I'm going through so I would appreciate everyone who contributes to the Forum. Thank you

Dell Studio XPS 1640-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Jul 4, 2013 12:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2013 7:51 AM

Hello SkyNinja,

Take a look at this article named Troubleshooting AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring found here http://support.apple.com/kb/ts4215.

If the AirPlay icon doesn't appear

Check for the AirPlay icon in the recently used apps section on your iOS device, or in iTunes on your computer (as in these articles about how to use AirPlay and how to use AirPlay Mirroring). The icon will only appear if your device or computer is logged onto a Wi-Fi network which has an AirPlay-enabled recipient, such as Apple TV (2nd generation or 3rd generation).

If you are still unable to see the AirPlay icon, try one of the following steps:

• Verify that your AirPlay-enabled devices have the most up-to-date software or firmware.
  • Verify that your iOS device has Wi-Fi turned on. Enable Wi-Fi on your iOS device by going to Settings > Wi-Fi.
  • Verify that all your AirPlay-enabled devices are logged on to the same home Wi-Fi network (check the home network names on your devices to confirm).
  • If trying to AirPlay, or AirPlay mirror, to your Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), ensure that AirPlay is enabled on your Apple TV as well. You can enable or disable AirPlay on Apple TV in the AirPlay menu: Settings > AirPlay
  • Check Internet or network connectivity on all affected devices.
  • Temporarily disable firewalls (both network and local) and security software. Security software and firewalls may block ports that AirPlay uses to stream content. You can often resolve issues with security software by updating, correctly configuring, or uninstalling security software.
  • If attempting to use AirPlay from a third-party app or a website from your Safari app on your iOS device, confirm that the app or website is AirPlay compatible (refer to the developers of the app or website for additional information).

Also make sure your Apple ID is signed in, and the computer is authorized.

iTunes Store: About authorization and deauthorization

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1420

Cheers,

Sterling

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2013 7:51 AM in response to SkyNinja

Hello SkyNinja,

Take a look at this article named Troubleshooting AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring found here http://support.apple.com/kb/ts4215.

If the AirPlay icon doesn't appear

Check for the AirPlay icon in the recently used apps section on your iOS device, or in iTunes on your computer (as in these articles about how to use AirPlay and how to use AirPlay Mirroring). The icon will only appear if your device or computer is logged onto a Wi-Fi network which has an AirPlay-enabled recipient, such as Apple TV (2nd generation or 3rd generation).

If you are still unable to see the AirPlay icon, try one of the following steps:

• Verify that your AirPlay-enabled devices have the most up-to-date software or firmware.
  • Verify that your iOS device has Wi-Fi turned on. Enable Wi-Fi on your iOS device by going to Settings > Wi-Fi.
  • Verify that all your AirPlay-enabled devices are logged on to the same home Wi-Fi network (check the home network names on your devices to confirm).
  • If trying to AirPlay, or AirPlay mirror, to your Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), ensure that AirPlay is enabled on your Apple TV as well. You can enable or disable AirPlay on Apple TV in the AirPlay menu: Settings > AirPlay
  • Check Internet or network connectivity on all affected devices.
  • Temporarily disable firewalls (both network and local) and security software. Security software and firewalls may block ports that AirPlay uses to stream content. You can often resolve issues with security software by updating, correctly configuring, or uninstalling security software.
  • If attempting to use AirPlay from a third-party app or a website from your Safari app on your iOS device, confirm that the app or website is AirPlay compatible (refer to the developers of the app or website for additional information).

Also make sure your Apple ID is signed in, and the computer is authorized.

iTunes Store: About authorization and deauthorization

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1420

Cheers,

Sterling

Home Sharing not working on iTunes 11.0.4.4 with new AirPort Extreme

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.