Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac won't restart.

The past days have been really hot and our Computer was down for awhile. After this, our iMac has been slow (Mainly Safari, downloaded games were fine) and the beach ball continuously came up. I tried to clean it up a bit, it didn't work. I tried shutting off the Computer and turning it back on, nothing. Finally I restarted the Computer and it finished but I went to Log in and the beach ball shows up! I tried to hold the Power button and hold 'D' to restart it again. A loud beep occurs, it starts to restart but shuts down a quarter way through. Completely off. Basically, our iMac shuts down in the middle of restarting.

Please help! We don't want to bring it into a Repair shop. :(

iMac, Computer down=Don't know system

Posted on Jul 4, 2013 12:46 AM

2 replies

Jul 4, 2013 1:50 AM in response to 4frogsonlogs

A loud beep occurs

"Beeps" are indication that the RAM (memory) may need replacing.

Power On Self-Test Beep Definition - Part 2

You can remove and install memory yourself > iMac: How to remove or install memory

Crucial comes highly recomended for purchasing RAM > RAM Memory Upgrade: Dell, Mac, Apple, HP, Compaq. USB drives, SSD at Crucial.com

You can use their scanner tool > Memory upgrades from Crucial.com - Crucial Mac System Scanner

iMac won't restart.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.