Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i pod nano classic fails to play some songs...

some songs that it used to play,it doesnt anymore.i push play,it opens the song tittle but it comes to play it,then goes for the next one.these songs maybe in the ipod for months or years!

any thoughts/ideas??? has it hapenned to anyone?

i can play all songs on itunes but not alla of them in ipod.

i have restore my ipod and does it again.

i know it used not to play songs that were protected but that was long time ago before!

thats not an issue for apple anymore.

iPod nano, Windows XP

Posted on Jul 4, 2013 3:48 AM

2 replies

Jul 6, 2013 8:49 AM in response to tria3

Hi tria3,

In my experience, the songs that are skipping or are not playing may not have transferred over to your iPod correctly.

Please only attempt these steps if all of your music is on your computer: I would advise you to uncheck the "Sync Music" checkbox, and apply the changes (so there is ultimately no music syncing to your iPod).

User uploaded file

Once you have done that, recheck the "Sync Music" checkbox, and apply the changes once more. This will instruct iTunes to completely remove all music from your iPod, and then copy the files once more. If you have a large amount of music, this initial sync may take a while.

If the above does not resolve your issue, see the following articles:

iPhone and iPod touch: Songs or other audio content are skipped during playback

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3159

Troubleshooting songs that skip

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3217

Thanks,

Matt M.

Jul 9, 2013 6:18 AM in response to matt00

hi mat00,

thanks for your answer.i tried everything you said..nothing worked....finally i tried converting these songs to itunes using a thrid party programm..i had the songs on window pc so i used a third party programm to converte them and add them to itunes.and it worked.it seems that there had sthng to do with the songs decode or block from apple.

i dont really know the cause of the problem but this worked.so when i transfered the converted songs to my ipod ,i could listened to them again.

thanks for your help!

i pod nano classic fails to play some songs...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.