Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I gifted a specific movie in HD, can the recipient download this movie in SD?

I gifted The Fall in HD to a friend. The recipient of the gift received it and downloaded it without knowing that his computer does not play HD movies. In the past, I've been able to download SD versions of HD things I've purchased - can he download the SD version of this movie? If so, how?

Posted on Jul 4, 2013 8:03 AM

1 reply

Jul 4, 2013 8:18 AM in response to sindhoo

Here's what I've found. Mind you, this mentions for the purposes of syncing to an iOS device, but that part can be ignored:

1. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer. You can download the latest version for free here.
  2. Open iTunes on your computer.
  3. From the Store menu, choose Store > Sign In, and then enter your Apple ID and password.
  4. Navigate to your Purchased page. Find it by clicking Movies or TV Shows from the top navigation bar in the iTunes Store, and then click Purchasedfrom "QUICK LINKS" in the iTunes Store.
  5. Choose the appropriate video type: Movies or TV Shows.
  6. In the lower-right corner of the screen, deselect the box next to "Download HD When Available."
  7. Search for the desired video and click the download button.
  8. This should download the standard definition version to your computer so you can sync to your device.

Original article: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4223

I gifted a specific movie in HD, can the recipient download this movie in SD?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.