Congratulations on your new receiver! Thank you for providing so much information about the situation you are experiencing. I recommend reviewing the steps below to troubleshoot the AirPlay issue you are experiencing. You can skip any of the steps referring to the Apple TV, but I think the information about the recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers is particularly helpful:
Troubleshooting performance issues with AirPlay or AirPlay Mirroring
If you are experiencing intermittent playback or significant network lag with AirPlay or AirPlay Mirroring, it could be due to a weak Wi-Fi connection, interference, or the distance between the Wi-Fi router and your iOS device, Apple TV or AirPort Express. Try the following suggestions:
- Ensure that other devices are not trying to stream to the same Apple TV at the same time.
- Turn off Bluetooth on your iOS device by tapping Settings > General > Bluetooth.
- Ensure that your Wi-Fi router is set up with the recommended settings for the best performance.
- Certain external devices, such as microwave ovens and baby monitors, may interfere with a Wi-Fi network. Try moving or disabling these devices.
- If possible, try to locate your Wi-Fi router in the same room as your Apple TV and iPhone/iPad.
- If your wireless and wired networks are the same, try connecting your Apple TV to the router via Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi.
- If the Wi-Fi router has an external antenna, check to see that is it connected properly and in good condition.
- Use the Wi-Fi network troubleshooting guide to resolve interference and other issues.
You can find the full article here:
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
You may want to contact the speaker's manufacturer to verify everything is working on the speaker's end of things.
If you're still having trouble after reaching out to Yamaha, you may find more information by using another one of Apple's support resources - https://expresslane.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Hi Richard and the rest, I own the same amplifier recently purchased.
I too am having the airplay issue. I can see my Apple TV to airplay to but no longer the receiver.
I haven't updated my firmware but it is the latest version.
I can access the amplifier with my iPhone yamaha av app so it's not a wifi issue.
Unsure why it's stopped working bit is seems to me that it's not picking up the amplifier as an airplay capable product now.
I have completed the steps suggested to no avail also
Can anyone help
I had the same problem with my RX-V775.
I reset the rceiver to original factory settings, and the neverything worked ike a charm. The receiver doesn't even have to be in air play" mode for the icon to appear on my iPad or while using itunes on te computer. I can select he receiver, and once I activate "play" the receive automatically switches to play my content.
I have not yet updated my firmware on my reciver, so I'm not sure if its a Yamaha short coming.
I shall update you as soon as my procrastination allows.
On my new Yamaha rx-v675 I can't seem the get the airplay function to work properly.
The selected song is visible on the display of the receiver and on my tv screen.
I have ItunesMatch, so all my songs are synchronized with my iPad and iPhone, so the very same tracks are on both devices.
When i want to play a particular song from my phone, it is sent to my receiver, however: NO sound.
When I play the very same song from my iPad: sound!
I really dont get this. In both cases the receiver finds the imput as shown in the picture.
But why doesn't it play from my phone?
Of course i do not try to stream from ipad and phone at the same time.
Firmware is version 1.20 (latest)
(by the way, other songs work just fine from my phone.....)
I have the RX-V673 and had no problems from day one
download the official yamaha app yamaha av controller https://discussions.apple.com/message/22440370#22440370
pair up your amp and phone
the airplay symbol appears on my phone click on it then
has worked perfectly from day i can play youtube (audio only) on my phone just click airplay i then get a option of amp or phone.
Bought and set this receiver up Christmas eve. All works fine with the app you reccomended oter than when I select a song to stream from my ipone it plays the wrong song.....usually the song a few doen the list. I know it sounds odd but that's whats its doing. I am not streaming from my macbook as im not so sure its possible, regardless the song that I select from my iphone isnt the one that plays...
So far, other than that, I love the amp(receiver)
I have just bought a 675 myself and had the same problem.. AirPlay enabled on receiver but neither iPhone4s nor iPod Touch had the AirPlay icons available in music which is how I found this thread.
I checked the iPhone settings and under Music I found that sharing was OFF. Once I turned in ON and confirmed with my Apple ID etc then hey presto! SOLVED! I can now AirPlay without any problems. Hope this helps
Airplay on Yamaha's models is extremely unstable.
It appears that the Airplay broadcast that's built into the receiver will crash - and it does, often.
That said, you can force the receiver to refresh it's Airplay receiver broadcast by renaming the receiver's network name.
1. Load the receiver's web interface in a browser (if you don't know the IP, you can check it in the network settings menu in the onscreen display).
2. Once you do, you should be able to click the 'Settings' button and rename the network.
3. Click the Apply button - this should complete the process of renaming the receiver.