Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

exchange does not work

Hi

I would like to connect Mail to my corporative Exchange server but it did not work. I have a brand new Air with 10.8.4 OS.

It is weird because I have no problems with my iPad mini neither with my 2012 MacBook Pro. (I mean, it is not an issue because I ignore how to set up the email account, lol).

How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance

Javier

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 4, 2013 10:07 AM

3 replies

Jul 4, 2013 10:20 PM in response to xleyba

Does your employer still use exchange 2003? If you are using apple mail it will not work with exchange 2003, you will have to set it up as an imap account. iPads and iPhones do not have this limitation at the moment. You can get around this by using microsoft's outlook which is included in the office suite of programs.

If your employer is using exchange 2007 or newer make sure your settings are exactly identical, most people mess up the domain setting when using exchange. Does your 2012 MBP use the same OS version on your new MBA?

Jul 5, 2013 2:21 AM in response to alexrmc92

Hi

Thanks for your answer.

I guess my employer is using the latest version of Exchange, but I am not sure. Regarding Outlook, I have no plan to buy it. 🙂

My MBP is using the previous OSX version (AFAIR is not Mountain Lion, I guess its 10.7.x) and, as per this issue, seems that avoid the update was a good decision.

I will check the IMAP option but I wonder why the new OSX does not work and the one in my MBP does. I thought upgrades should add functionalities, not erase them. It is dissapointing.

Regards

Jul 5, 2013 9:23 AM in response to alexrmc92

Hi

I have noticed that in my MBA Mail settings there are two fields for server: internal server and external server. I never saw that in my old MBP where I have set just one mail server address (and it works).

Why that change?

What is the meaning of the "internal server" that this version of Mail set up by default?

I do not have an internal server in my MBA!

Regards

J

exchange does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.