Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Found a wiped and PUK-locked iPhone

Is there any way to find the owner of a wiped and PUK-locked iPhone? I already tried inserting the SIM-card into another phone, and obviously it didn't work.

Is it possible to in some way copy the contacts from the SIM-card to a computer and find a friend or family member of the owner?

iPhone 4

Posted on Jul 4, 2013 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2013 1:30 PM

Turn it into authorities. It may be on a list of lost devices already.

16 replies

Jul 4, 2013 2:17 PM in response to Spicychicken

Spicychicken wrote:

Is there any way to find the owner of a wiped and PUK-locked iPhone? I already tried inserting the SIM-card into another phone, and obviously it didn't work.

Is it possible to in some way copy the contacts from the SIM-card to a computer and find a friend or family member of the owner?

You need to understand that every question you have asked in this thread are same questions that would be asked by a person with malevolent intent. If you truly have positive intent, quit investigating the owner of the iPhone and turn it in to the authorites.

Jul 5, 2013 12:34 PM in response to deggie

Yeah, I've turned it in and I don't really see what kind of malicious behavior I was displaying.. If I would simply like to claim the phone as my own, I could just stick a new SIM-card in there and use it right off the bat. However, since I already have a Galaxy S4 as well as an iPhone 5, there is simply no need for a three year old phone model to enter my phone-ecosystem.

Jul 5, 2013 12:42 PM in response to deggie

Well to be honest, I had my iPhone 5 for 8 months before I got fed up with the battery life and build quality issues.. It's a great phone, and the only reason I switched to it (from a Galaxy S2) was that the iPhone 3G was the best phone I've ever owned. The iPhone 5 just isn't the same, and I'm going to give it to my father once his current phone contract runs out.

Found a wiped and PUK-locked iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.