Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change name of IntermediateCA

I changed the host name of my server and would now like to change the name of my IntermediateCA which is still showing the old host name.

Is this possible? I would like to associate the new IntermediateCA with Profile Manager to sign configuration profiles.

Mac mini, OS X Server, Mountain Lion 10.8.4 with Server.

Posted on Jul 4, 2013 1:23 PM

3 replies

Jul 5, 2013 8:54 AM in response to autumnwalker

I am not trying to be facious but the same way you made the original 🙂

If you bought it, then you need to go the same place and get a new one, as this is just a change they may not charge any extra for this. On the otherhand they may say you need a wildcard certificate which would cost extra.

If it is a self-signed certificate then you would have to generate it yourselves. Without knowing how it was done in the first place I cannot be more precise.

Change name of IntermediateCA

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.