Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto 9.4.2, photo stream-add subscriber?

Hello

I cannot figure out how to create a list of subscribers to share my Photo Stream pics.

I succeeded in adding photos and have a Photo Stream icon in the Source panel, which shows my chosen photos, but not what? How do I notify someone or add a subscriber?

IPhoto 9.4.2, on Mac Pro with Lion.

Sys Prefs > iCloud, checked Photo Stream

In iPhoto prefs > turned on Photo Streaming.

Dragged some photos from an Event into Photo Streaming icon on left.

After a while, it finished (uploading? syncing?).

Clicked on Photo Streaming and I see the pictures.

Now trying to "Add a Subscriber."

Clicked on Share in lower right corner----pop up menu shows Photo Stream among other options (order prints, Flickr, Facebook, Email)

Clicked on Photo Stream

Window opens saying "all the selected photos are already in your photo stream."

I know that but how do I choose people to share them with??

Went up to Share in iPhoto main menu and Photo Stream is greyed out.

I read whatever I could find, in Apple Help, iPhoto, elsewhere on the web.

Tried to find answers but either the instructions read as though I want to change subscribers, or provide step by step, where one of the steps just is not an option I see of can find.

Anyone, please, unravel this mystery for me? Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 4, 2013 3:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2013 4:24 PM

PS FAQs and trouble shooting links are here - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4486?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

The key item is that you need Mt Lion

You can create Shared Photo Streams with:

• an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iOS 6
  • a Mac using OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.2 with Photo 9.4 or later or Aperture 3.4 or later
  • a PC using Windows 8, Windows 7, or Vista with the iCloud Control Panel 2.0 or later installed. (iCloud Control Panel 2.1 required with Windows 8.)

LN

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2013 4:24 PM in response to Noodle-head

PS FAQs and trouble shooting links are here - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4486?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

The key item is that you need Mt Lion

You can create Shared Photo Streams with:

• an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iOS 6
  • a Mac using OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.2 with Photo 9.4 or later or Aperture 3.4 or later
  • a PC using Windows 8, Windows 7, or Vista with the iCloud Control Panel 2.0 or later installed. (iCloud Control Panel 2.1 required with Windows 8.)

LN

Jul 5, 2013 10:13 AM in response to LarryHN

Thank you LarryHN.

While I do have an iPad Mini with v6.1.3, my MBP is only in Lion (and my Mac Pro in Snow Leopard). Oddly, until your post I could not find anything about Mt Lion being a requirement.

I followed the link you provided. More help but also more confusion.

There's this persistent presumption that key steps, detailed-specific steps, are or will be "understood." Like for example, letting someone know I have put a group of photos into Photo Stream, for their viewing. Adding subscribers keeps getting me info on modifying subscribers, not the step-by-step instructions for isolating a set of pictures, putting them into a so-called photo stream, or album, then making that available to them AND letting them know it. This morning I got as far as choosing some pics on my iPad and putting them into Photo Stream (or were they already there?) Then creating a PS or Album from a subset of those pics, giving it a name, choosing a person from my contacts....then what? I click Done. Then what is supposed to happen? Once again, this presumption of knowing or maybe it's a presumption that most people won't care to know how it is working and be done with it, after clicking done.

As a test I did this using one friend, and also using myself (using a email address other than my Apple address.)

I later opened my MBP, tried Mail to see if I got notified (nope) then opened iPhoto and looked to see if it was there. But I can't really tell. What I mean is, I do see pictures when I select Photo Stream, but there are more here than in the test-to-myself PS I set up and (sent?) from my iPad. Is this because the MBP is in Lion, not Mt. Lion? Or because, although I am the same person sending and receiving, I am using two differenrt email addresses (therefore am limited to PS only and not Shared PS?

I don't know. This is just way too murky and non-intuitive. I appreciate your reply but don't want to take up any more of your time. So I suppose I'm just whining and ranting at this point. Thanks anyway.

iPhoto 9.4.2, photo stream-add subscriber?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.