Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Format conversion problems with FCP 5

I am in the process of putting some video for a friend from her camcorder to DVD, and running into some format problems. I have an older system setup (not in the budget yet to upgrade) which still works well for me otherwise. The situation (and I am not talking about Mike Sorrentino): I had to use iMovie (8.0.6) to import the video from the camera (Panasonic SDR-H40P w/ USB output) to my Mac. That worked and got me .mov files in 'm2v1', 704x480 (834x480) format, so says QuickTime Player. I put those .mov clips into Final Cut Pro 5.1.4, using the "DV NTSC 48KHz Anamorphic" sequence preset. I did an Export to QuickTime Movie and ended up with what looks like the proper aspect ratio when I open it in QuickTime Player (10), but when I add that QT movie to my iDVD (7.1.2) project, the aspect ratio is wrong and the video is too narrow.

So, what am I doing wrong here? Conversion between video formats is not my strong suit. Thanks for any assistance.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 4, 2013 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2013 7:00 AM

There is an iDVD bug that causes it to misread anamorphic formats.

One way to work around it is to useAnamorphicizer.

Another way is to use QuickTime Pro and that's describedhere.

Good luck.

Russ

2 replies

Format conversion problems with FCP 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.