Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 service issues sprint

Ok guys and girls- looking for some much needed help here. Yesterday my phone while doing ##update# went from full service and LTE before the update to absolutely nothing and only saying "searching" after the update was done. My first thought after it saying searching for a good 30 plus minutes was to turn the phone off. Once turned back on- same issue. Went through and reset network settings, phone turned back on to the same thing- searching. Went to my sprint store for them to see what they could do. They tried the exact same first steps I did. But also noticed that it appeared as my phone was some how deactivated?!? There was no IMED, ICCID, or MEID numbers lister at all under about. And also my phone number wasn't listed either. They made some calls. And factory data reset the phone. Once that was done- they weren't able to connect to wifi to finish activating the phone, nor did iTunes even recognize my iPhone when synced with their computer. Tried the factory data reset again and it all worked as it should. Got me all set up and I was on my way. Phone worked good thru about half the day today until service was a little screwy and i once again tried the ##update#- and did the exact same.. no service- searching. And all the same numbers under about were missing again. Back to the sprint store I went. They did everything all over again. And now I'm using my phone to type up this post. Has anybody else ever had this problem or know what's causing it? I'm scared to death now to ever ##update# again in fear it will leave me with no activation once again. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4, All software is up to date as well.

Posted on Jul 4, 2013 5:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2013 12:05 AM

here is the Fix:

go to Settings > General > Date&Time Turn off "Set Auto" then Edit the date and time

2 replies

Apr 19, 2015 11:46 AM in response to Sam0007

Thanks! This worked where no other suggestions I found made a bit of difference (trying for more than a day to find a solution without going to a Sprint or Apple store). After editing the time I didn't notice an immediate change, so I powered off and on and the iPhone found the Sprint signal as it should. I guess maybe I should have given it a couple of minutes after editing the time, but I was impatient after trying so many other suggestions, so I decided to cycle the power. This was with an iPhone 5s running iOS 8.2 nearly two years after the original post.

This issue was not due to a recent update in my case. The iOS had not been updated for a while, and the problem just arose out of nowhere. The iPhone has been having issues with the battery as well, but that has been a longstanding issue with this particular device. I'm anxious (but not especially hopeful) to see if this will make any difference with the battery issue in addition to now being able to find a Sprint signal again.

iPhone 5 service issues sprint

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.