Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On wifi everything works; on 3g email and FB works but no other internet app works - help!

Hi - I live in Cambodia and my iPhone has been very happy on 3G & wifi. I've just been back to the UK and popped in a UK SIM card for a couple of weeks, same thing, wifi & 3G worked fine. I've returned to Cambodia & put my old SIM card back in and everything is fine on wifi, but on 3G I can get all my mail, send messages and access FB, but when I try Safari (or Dolphin, another browser) it just won't connect. (Ditto my weather app!) This has been happening for 3 days.

In that time, I've:

- reset and re-entered all my moblile data details (in fact the mobile company did that at the airport too and they were stumped). I've tried again since then

- cleared all my data, cookies and history on Safari

- backed up and restored my phone completely in case it was a software issue with Safari

- tried searching communities but haven't yet found anyone who can access email but not the net!

I'm now at a loss to know what else to try. Any help appreciated!!

Thanks

Steve

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jul 4, 2013 9:19 PM

6 replies

Jul 6, 2013 12:41 AM in response to deggie

Hi deggie - yes, when they re-fitted my nano SIM at the airport. But after 4 days of it not working, I've been back into see them today, and they have checked everything on my account, and that's fine. They also switched my SIM into one of their iPhones, and it worked, but when they put their SIM into my phone, then the internet stalled again. So it's definitely an issue with the phone not the network. :-(

On wifi everything works; on 3g email and FB works but no other internet app works - help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.