Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have the iphone 4 and when i go to settings>general>accessability there is no hearing aid option. Help?I have ios 6.3.1

I thought that there should be a hearing aid option on the iphone 4? It is not there under settings>general>accessability.

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jul 4, 2013 8:18 PM

4 replies

Jul 4, 2013 9:19 PM in response to starsteph75

Hi starsteph,

I did some looking around, and found this post from earlier this year:

"In case Verizon has not gotten back to you, the only iPhones that have the Hearing Aid mode are the GSM phones that AT&T and T-Mobile use. Cellular phones that use CMDA, ie Verizon, do not offer that setting. Something about the CMDA phones are hearing air approved without the mode."

I'm sorry, but I'm not hearing impaired, so I'm afraid I'm woefully ignorant about the devices that you may or may not use, but another post had this to say about that setting in reference to their t-coil:

"I am a hearing aid user also who updated to iOS 6 and I have an iphone4. I am having the same issue that you are experiencing as well. However, I found that when testing my t-coil, I was still able to hear. Perhaps, with the iOS 6, the hearing aid compatibility is automatically turned on and doesn't need to be enabled in settings to do so?

I would also like to mention that I tried my father's phone. He doesn't wear hearing aids but like me he is running an iOS 6 on an iphone 4. I was not able to keep his hearing aid mode switched on either but it worked fine with my t-coil. I had the mics on my hearing aids switched off and was able to pick up the signal."

Hoping the first post will provide you with an answer to your issue, and the second will provide you with a solution?

Post back if you have any questions, and hope this helps! You may now reset your profile picture 😝....Thanks for finding such an ingenious way to get me the screenshot!

Cheers,

GB

I have the iphone 4 and when i go to settings>general>accessability there is no hearing aid option. Help?I have ios 6.3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.