Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Loose component in my 13" rMBP

ever since opening my 13" rMBP i've noticed that something seems loose inside. i've taken it into the apple store and they basically said don't shake your Mac - which I don't. but, being a poratable maching i regularly carry it around most times outside of a bag - that's when i notice it. it's not loose in that it's falling all around the inside, but it seems to bump around a bit in there. just worried that this component or whatever it's attached to will eventually fail. location is below the bottom of the keyboard on the right.

anyone else had simliar issues? fixes or is this normal?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Office 2011 for Mac - Outlook

Posted on Jul 5, 2013 9:48 AM

4 replies

Jul 7, 2015 8:04 PM in response to qbcade23

Check out the thread here...

Macbook Pro Retina when tilted or flipped makes a clicking/popping noise

I just got my Macbook back from the Apple Store after leaving it for repair and left a pretty long comment about the situation. Pretty sure you're experiencing the same thing I was.

I had also posted this thread originally...

Macbook Pro Retina Clunking Sound...Loose Part, or Normal?

Let us know what comes of it.

Loose component in my 13" rMBP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.