Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs not copying from iTunes to iPod

I am running iTunes for Windows, version 11.0.4. I have an 8GB iPod Nano generation 2, with software version 1.1.3 on it. I can play songs in my library through iTunes with no problem, and I can play any songs that are on my iPod with no problems when using headphones or plugged into an aux jack on my car stereo. Here are my issues:

When I attempt to transfer songs from iTunes to my iPod, the message "Copying 1 of #: <song name>" in the display (# being the number of sogs I'm trying to copy.) The problem is, nothing ever happens. No progress bar, no going onto song 2, nothing. It just sits there, and the eject button for the iPod shows the sync icon spinning. I cannot stop the transfer by clicking the X next to the message, it just continues on, doing nothing. To stop it, I need to click on the eject button, which does eject the iPod. When I look on the iPod, the one song it said was copying is there. I can play it and it works fine. When I plug the iPod back into my PC, I cannot see the songs on the iPod. They just don't show up. Turning the sidebar on, I see the iPod connected, but there is no "Music" option listed under it. In the new view, I can click on the iPod, select "On This iPod" and I see "Music" as a playlist, but there is nothing listed under it. When I click Autofill, all it does is sit there for a few minutes, saying that it is autofilling the iPod, but only one song shows up on the iPod.

To try and fix this issue, I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes, and also did a Restore iPod. Neither worked. I tried plugging my USB cable into a different port. The only thing I have not tried is a different USB cable, as I don't have one. Once I get one I can attempt that, but I doubt that's the issue, as iTunes has no problem seeing my iPod, just transfering songs to it.

Does anybody have any ideas why this may be happening? The worst part about this is since I did a restore, I now have NO songs on my iPod (except for the 2 that I did manage to copy onto it.) Thanks in advance for anybody that can help me out!

Windows 7

Posted on Jul 5, 2013 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2013 2:35 PM

For some reason, hooking the iPod up to my wife's machine (which it worked fine on) seems to have done the trick. When I reattached it to my machine, it updates fine from iTunes.

Wish I had tried that first before restoring it. 😝

1 reply

Songs not copying from iTunes to iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.