Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone used iDrive online backup?

I've been using a combintation of Mozy and Dropbox for backup and syncing, respectively, and, after doing an exhaustive comparison of many of the alternative online backup services, I've decided that iDrive is the best online backuo alternative for me. It seems to have gotten fairly favorable reviews online and they offer the most competitve pricing (a very generous student discount). However, before I change services, I wondered if anyone has used iDrive and, if so, what their experiences have been. I've pretty much settled on iDrive and so other online backup services are not really an option at this point (and I've looked at many), unless iDrive is a complete dog.

I am also considering using iDriveSync in place of Dropbox because it has all the features I desire and is much less expensive than Dropbox. Any impressions of iDriveSync would be appreciated as well. Thank you!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 5, 2013 3:17 PM

4 replies

May 28, 2015 10:29 PM in response to Gordman54

Never completely rely on ANY cloud ( offsite server storage ) solutions for backing up data.

Get started using a proper local backup strategy, too.

Backup your current system to an external connected and Mac formatted Flash drive OR externally connected USB, Thunderbolt or FireWire 800, Mac formatted hard drive. Then, use either OS X Time Machine app to backup your entire system to the external drive OR purchase, install and use a data cloning app, like CarbonCopyCloner or SuperDuper, to make an exact and bootable copy (clone) of your Mac's entire computer system and data.

Has anyone used iDrive online backup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.