Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete photo booth from my macbook pro?

I'm deleting some unneeded applications from my new Macbook Pro. I have been successful with most and all of them that are not required as part of the OS system. However, there are other apps that are more difficult to remove as I was able to go into Utilities and Terminal and type in some other specific applications that I wanted to remove (like Stickies, Chess, etc.). However, one I am having trouble deleting is Photo Booth. I also want to disable the webcam so I cannot even activate it by mistake. Can someone tell me how to do that?

I was successful in removing all of the icons other than Finder, Safari and Trash from the bottom of my screen now that I have deleted everything else and it is much cleaner.

Thank you!

Posted on Jul 5, 2013 6:00 PM

1 reply

Jul 6, 2013 5:26 AM in response to gary_the_person

Here's an app that supposedly will disable your isight. Says it works in Lion, maybe it will work in ML too: Download iSight Disabler for Mac - Quickly turn on/off your USB iSight. MacUpdate.comhttps://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/23346/isight-disabler

Here's a thread with several possible solutions for disabling the isight: Is there a way to turn off and On the...: Apple Support Communities

And here is a page with a Terminal command for deleting Photo Booth: How to Delete Safari, Mail, FaceTime, Photo Booth, and Other Default Mac OS X Apps

As a general rule, however, removing system software is a bad idea.

If you're really paranoid about the camera, then a little piece of tape over the lens would do the trick!

How do I delete photo booth from my macbook pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.