Welcome to the Support Communities!
The article below will provide an overview of the Movie rental process:
Once you start watching your movie, you can view the rented movie as many times as you wish within the 24-hour window.
Is it possible you are trying to watch the movie again after this period?
I hope this information helps ....
Have a great day!
thank you for your help. i did download the movie and had watched it once), it had (at the time of my trouble) another day before it expired. however it just would not play again. as well, i rented another movie for my son, downloaded it and tried to put it on for him 2 days later (expry still had 28days left. it started by accident when i was trying another movie, then would not play at all, and then expired completely after the 2 days. i had repeatedly tried to get apple itunes to fix it via "report a problem", and was assured by email that they had added it again to my download queue (which, a day later now, they still have not)...so i am at a loss. i will have to organnise a call directly from apple to help me i think, as this all hapened over the weekend so i couldn't chat with nayone in person.
this is really frustrating...but no more than renting a dvd that is scratched i suppose, which has happened to us more than once!
thanks again anyway, i am sure some person will need your tips above sometime...
I do apologize that you are having issues with your movie rentals. It does sound like you need to report the issue to the iTunes Store support team:
- Find the email receipt for your purchase.
- Click Report a Problem under the app that is having the issue.
- When prompted, enter the Apple ID and password you used to purchase the item, then click Report a Problem.
- Click Report a Problem next to the item you are having an issue with.
- From the Choose Problem dropdown menu, choose the appropriate issue.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and—if prompted—type a description of the problem into the text field.
- Click Submit to have your issue reviewed.