Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need help with iTunes Match.

I have built up a very large iTunes library. I have all my songs on my iPod classic, and used to have them all on all of my devices, but now I only have them on my iPod classic. This is because recently I started using iTunes match. I want a flawless, fully synced library, but at the moment different parts of my library are sitting in different devices. I have a MacBook Pro, an iPhone and an iPod Classic, and some of my songs are on my old PC. I am syncing my iPhone between my two different computers, and each time the result is different. I have 3 seperate libraries, on my Home Sharing, one is My iPhone. One of the libraries is from my old pc, the other is from my new MacBook. I also have a lot of duplicates. I am afraid of syncing my iPod classic with either of my computers for fear of losing everything. Can anyone please tell me how I can get all of my music onto all my devices? I have a lot of unpurchased items which I got from CD's.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted on Jul 6, 2013 4:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2013 5:29 AM

Hi,

Firstly you will need to consolidate into one iTunes library. Is it your intention to keep all your music on your MacBook? On Which computer have you activated match?

Jim

5 replies

Jul 6, 2013 5:58 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

This is exactly what I want to do, I want all of my music on the MacBook and then be able to give it to other devices from there. But to consolidate it I need to connect my iPod classic to my macbook, and if any of my music is removed from there it would be very disastrous for me, as it is a huge library and it is very valuable to me. Match is activated on my MacBook.

I need help with iTunes Match.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.