Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5 won't sync with the Nike Plus sensor

My iPhone 5 won't sync with Ike Plus sensor, new or old.

iPhone 5, Nike Plus issue

Posted on Jul 6, 2013 6:11 AM

1 reply

Jul 8, 2013 8:40 AM in response to bfelix

Hello bfelix,

You may need to switch 'Nike + iPod' off in your Settings, then re-enabling it. Make sure that the sensor is not in sleep mode (which can be corrected by pressing the small button on the side opposite the Nike and Apple logos). Depending on the age of the sensor, however, the battery may be depleted.

1. Make sure you have the latest version of... iPhone... software and iTunes installed.
  2. Make sure the sensor is not in sleep mode by using a pen or stylus to press the Sleep/Wake button on your sensor once to wake it up.
  3. On your home screen, tap Settings.
  4. Scroll down and tap the Nike + iPod option.
    User uploaded file
  5. Disable the Nike + iPod feature and then re-enable it by tapping the On/Off button at the top of the page.
    User uploaded file
  6. Place the sensor back in the shoe and walk around to activate the sensor as you attempt to relink it to your iPod touch or iPhone 3GS.

If the issue persists and you have access to another sensor, link the new sensor to your iPod touch or iPhone 3GS. If you can link the new sensor to your iPod touch or iPhone, take in your first sensor for service.

Nike + iPod: Sensor not recognized by receiver, iPod touch (2nd generation), or iPhone 3GS

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1587

Nike + iPod: About the sensor battery

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1400

The Nike + iPod Sensor's battery is not replaceable or rechargeable and has a life of over a thousand active hours. The sensor has a sophisticated built-in power-management system, allowing the sensor to consume power only when active (that is, when it senses motion).

Cheers,

Allen

My iPhone 5 won't sync with the Nike Plus sensor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.