Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Beginning and ending times of events in different time zones?

When I'm flying between time zones, I'd like to be able to set the beginning time of my event (my flight's takeoff) and the ending time of that event (my arrival at flight's end) in two different zones. But the calendar on my iPhone won't seem to allow this. Is it possible to do this?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jul 6, 2013 7:30 AM

2 replies

Feb 12, 2015 1:27 PM in response to davering3

The latest version of iOS Calendar has this fixed, at least for iPhone and iPad users. The desktop version does not have this snazzy feature.

Add an event and click on the start time. The information below that has a time zone you can set for the airport you are leaving from. Then click on end time. The Time Zone that shows is specific to the end time of the event, and it can be different from the start time! Set that for the local time at the airport you are landing at.

Now with your phone and calendar preferences set to show time in the time zone your device is located in, it should sync up with you on your travels.

Beginning and ending times of events in different time zones?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.