Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Applications crashing all over

Hi,

I wasn't sure where to post this message, but since its on this operating system and happening to a lot of apps, its best to put here.

Since I had this Mac Air its been perfect and worked very well with what I've been needing.

But in the last week or two - I think due to an update. Safari, Google Chrome, Shockwave, Java, iTunes and Photoshop CS6 all keep crashing on me.

iTunes just loads up then within 2 or 3 seconds brings up the crash report everytime.

Safari and Chrome do just about the same thing. But they only crash now and again - shockwave crashes when I'm viewing multiple sites that use flash player and java the same.

These all did work fine up till a few weeks ago.

My only solution that I can think would be to do a complete reinstall, but don't really want to do that.

So any help would be grateful.

The funny thing is - I don't seem to have the same problems on a Mac Mini.

Thank you

Posted on Jul 6, 2013 8:56 AM

2 replies

Jul 13, 2013 2:57 PM in response to ariel s

Thanks for that, I had to take the Mac Air to my Apple store and they thought it was just a software issue, but on further checking, they found out it was a whole hardware problem. The SSD Hard drive, main board, logic board, cpu and memory all had to be replaced.

I'm glad its still under warranty otherwise it would of been very costly for me.

Applications crashing all over

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.