Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Sony Barvia no longer recognizes my Apple TV since last update. My other TV recognizes it. How do I get the Sony Bravia to see it?

How do I get my Apple TV to talk to my Sony Bravia TV after updating. It used to work fine. Then I moved house and the Sony was in storage for 12 month. I used the Apple TV on my smaller tv during that time with no problems. Now I'm in my new house with the big Bravia ready to go hooked up to the Apple TV and it won't recognize it any more. It's like the updates on thenApple TV have outpaced the Bravia. There is no way to update the firmware on the Bravia. All 3 HDMI ports work because I have another streaming box hooked up to the Bravia with no problems.,its just like it doesn't like the Apple TV anymore. I rang Sony, but they were no help. Neither were Apple. Any advice anyone.

Apple TV (2nd generation)

Posted on Jul 6, 2013 12:50 PM

6 replies

Jul 6, 2013 6:58 PM in response to Surfbroad

@Surfbroad you've probably done the following, but as @IpadinParadise has suggested, can you confirm that you're selecting the HDMI input on the TV that's Apple TV is connected to? Also, is the audio playing fine while the screen's black?

If you've made sure that the input setting you've selected on your TV matches the input you have your video cables connected to, then change the Apple TV resolution by pressing and holding the "Menu" and "Up" button for six seconds. The Apple TV will automatically cycle to the next resolution at approximately 20 second intervals. Pressing the "Select" button will immediately cycle to the next resolution. This should choose the appropriate/compatible resolution for your TV automatically.

If the above doesn't work, and if your Apple TV is 1st generation, try component cables instead (and disconnect the HDMI cable temporarily).

Apple's Basic Troubleshooting guide for Apple TV might be helpful: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1551

And the following link provides Tech Specs for Apple TV generations 1 through 3: http://support.apple.com/kb/SP648

I hope that helps.

Jul 6, 2013 10:53 PM in response to Eurodance

Yes, I have the correct input selected on HDMI. I've tried all the HDMI inputs with the ATV. None of them will recognize the ATV. I have another device hooked up to HDMI on the Bravia and it sees it fine. My other TV sees my ATV fine too. It's just the Bravia will not sense it! I've done everything that you have all suggested. I've done it over and over. My friends TV which is a Bravia, won't sense my ATV either! I tried their ATV with my Bravia and it worked! It's doing my head in all this....

My Sony Barvia no longer recognizes my Apple TV since last update. My other TV recognizes it. How do I get the Sony Bravia to see it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.