Skip navigation

Piece of charger stuck in my iPad

4312 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2013 7:05 PM by Skydiver119 RSS
magged Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jul 6, 2013 3:38 PM

So I was trying to get my charger out of my iPad when it broke inside. I was able to take out the charger but the charger was bent. Since my old charger was bent I didn't want to try and put it back in the charging port so I ordered a new charger. When the new charger came it didn't fit in my iPad and I realized something must've been stuck in there. I tried tweezers to pull it out but I couldn't find what part to pull. I sent the iPad for repair but it's not covered by the limited one year warranty and I would have to pay $305. Not having that type of money I decided to let them send my iPad back.  I was thinking of taking it to radio shack and let them replace it for $130 but I want to know if there is another way to fix this by myself without having to pay so much money. I really don't want to go to the apple store since it's so far away and I don't want them telling me I have to pay and waste my time driving to and from the store. Has anyone ever have this problem, if so how did you fix it?

Here's a picture of my charger

: Aviary Photo_130176227274571958.png

Here's a regular charger:

Aviary Photo_130176229804295596.png

Here's a comparison between the two:

Aviary Photo_130176225711982073.png

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.0.1
  • Lou Jhadie Calculating status...
    Sep 22, 2013 3:46 PM (in response to magged)

Hey! This happened to my iPad and I was scared to take out the piece and read this. It gave me hope!!! What was the piece stuck in your ipad?

• Lou Jhadie Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Sep 22, 2013 6:06 PM (in response to magged)

How big was the thing?? I tried doing what you told me to do and the piece just keeps getting wrecked and it get smaller and harder to remove

• Robyn818 Calculating status...
    Nov 11, 2013 6:09 PM (in response to Lou Jhadie)

Same thing just happened to me today, this is a horrible design. I just bought my Ipad a few months ago. I am so mad right now. i have tried many ways to remove the piece but it wont budge. 

• AmishCake Level 5 Level 5 (5,495 points)
    Nov 11, 2013 6:59 PM (in response to Robyn818)

On another thread, someone else described super-gluing a folded twist-tie onto the metal that was stuck inside. Once it was thoroughly dried and tight, he was able to pull it out. Best of luck to you all, and I hope this never happens to me...

• Skydiver119 Level 7 Level 7 (20,325 points)
    Nov 11, 2013 7:05 PM (in response to Robyn818)

Folks in general just need to be careful. In your digging if you mess anything up in that port it'll be called accidental damage at best, abuse at worst. If you break or damage the connections in there, fixing it is on your nickle.

not saying your ideas are bad, just saying take care in your DIY.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.