Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Piece of charger stuck in my iPad

So I was trying to get my charger out of my iPad when it broke inside. I was able to take out the charger but the charger was bent. Since my old charger was bent I didn't want to try and put it back in the charging port so I ordered a new charger. When the new charger came it didn't fit in my iPad and I realized something must've been stuck in there. I tried tweezers to pull it out but I couldn't find what part to pull. I sent the iPad for repair but it's not covered by the limited one year warranty and I would have to pay $305. Not having that type of money I decided to let them send my iPad back. I was thinking of taking it to radio shack and let them replace it for $130 but I want to know if there is another way to fix this by myself without having to pay so much money. I really don't want to go to the apple store since it's so far away and I don't want them telling me I have to pay and waste my time driving to and from the store. Has anyone ever have this problem, if so how did you fix it?

Here's a picture of my charger

: User uploaded file

Here's a regular charger:

User uploaded file

Here's a comparison between the two:

User uploaded file

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jul 6, 2013 3:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2017 10:37 PM

just use the small screw for glasses and push inside out and it will pop out

14 replies

Jul 14, 2013 6:10 PM in response to magged

Ok Guys. I fixed the problem by myself(didn't really get much help on here though). I used a bobby pin broken in two and wedged it out. The charger fits and charges great. If anyone else has this problem try to use a bobby pin and it's okay if you use a little force thats the only way to get it out.

Sep 22, 2013 3:59 PM in response to Lou Jhadie

It was the top part of my charger. Don't be afraid afraid to use a little force. The situation can't get any worse than it is. Just use a bobby pin or small screwdriver and pull it out. I fthe object inside is metal try using a magnet to pull it out. Before you go and soend $100-$200 try and see if you can fix it yourself. I was about to spend a whole bunch of money on something that I simply had to pull out. Hoped this helped!

Piece of charger stuck in my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.