Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to update Apterture 3.1.1 to latest version. I am using Mountain Lion 10.8.4 When I download the update and open, it tells me I need at least version 3.0 Please help!

I am trying to update Apterture 3.1.1 to latest version. I am using Mountain Lion 10.8.4 When I download the update and open, it tells me I need at least version 3.0 Please help!

Aperture 3, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 6, 2013 3:06 PM

3 replies

Jul 6, 2013 3:35 PM in response to Buzzkeeper

Before you update a caution:

Aperture will need to upgrade your Aperture library and to rebuild it - the library will change considerably. That can go wrong, if your Aperture library has a permission problem or other issues.

Run the Aperture Library First Aid Tools to repair Permissions and Database, before you upgrade Aperture to 3.4.5 (see: Aperture 3 User Manual: Repairing and Rebuilding Your Aperture Library). And be sure that your backup of your Aperture library is current - just in case.

See the release notes: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2518

Scroll down all the way to "A note on upgrading".

Regards

Léonie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.