Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keep getting Reprovision Device Error

Have an Ipad Mini with Verizon 3G. About two months ago I started getting the Reprovision Device error when logging into my Verizon account on my Ipad to check data usage. Called Verizon. Went through troubleshooting steps of Reprovisioning Device on the Ipad. Didn't solve problem. They told me it could be 48-72 hours and the problem would be fixed. It wasn't fixed. Took the Ipad to a Verizon store. They tried a new Sim Card. Didn't solve the problem either. Took the device to Apple, and they troubleshooted problem. Still wasn't fixed. They replaced the Ipad. Problem still persisted. Called Verizon a week ago and they went through troubleshooting steps and that didn't solve the problem. They said to give it 48-72 hours and they said to call back in five days if the problem still persisted. The problem still exists. Reluctant to call Verizon back because after spending a few hours of time now dealing with them I am starting to lose faith in their ability to even follow-up and/or follow through in order to resolve this problem. So I'm turning to this message board...

Has anyone who has had this problem actually had any luck resolving this issue? If so, what worked? Thanks.

iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM), iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jul 6, 2013 9:57 PM

2 replies

Aug 18, 2013 3:02 PM in response to David Lyell

I have the identical issue to David Lyell. More data:

The Apple Store recently replace my iPad Mini due to an urelated issue (microphone not working). Verizon Cellular Data on 1GB prepaid plan had worked fine on the original iPad Mini. I could successfully log into "View Account" from the original iPad Mini.

When replacing my original iPad Mini with an identical WiFi+Verizon 64GB model, I removed the Verizon SIM from the original iPad Mini and placed it in the replacement iPad Mini.

The replacement iPad Mini connected to the Verizon LTE network and sent/received data, fine.

I then went to "Cellular Data"->"View Account" and logged in with the userid/password that I'd used on my previous iPad Mini. What I got:

"Cellar Data Account: Reprovision Device You account has been activated. To finish your device configuration, please go to: Settings->General->Reset->Subscriber Services and select 'Reprovision Account'. If the problem persists please call 800-786-8419 (34415477)."

I clicked "OK," disabled Wi-Fi and followed the above instructions, precisely: No change.

I checked General->About and observed that although I've an IMEI # and other identifiers, my device shows "unknown" for Cellular Data Number.

I phoned Verizon at 800-786-8419 and navigated the IVR tree to technical support.

Following the Verizon Technical Support rep's directions, I:

- Reprovisioned account using instructions identical to the above: No change.

- Repeated above and added hard re-set (holding home and sleep buttons until iPad shuts down and restarts): No change.

- General->Reset->Reset Network Settings: No change (other than my iPad now having lost all stored Wi-Fi authentication credentials for Wi-Fi sites I use)

- Clicked "forgot password" on "View Account" login screen, awaited new temporary password and used new password to re-attempt "View Account" login: No change.

Verizon tech support rep then advised that "this must be a network issue" and advised that he'd created a Verizon network trouble ticket. He told me to wait 24 to 72 hours, after which time Verizon Network tech support would phone me to tell me that the issue had been resolved.

It's now been 24 hours. In light of Mr. Lyell's experience, above, I don't have a great deal of faith that I'll see a solution.

Current State:

- Verizon iPad Mini 64GB running iOS 6.1.3 (Verizon 14.2)

- Successfully sends/receives data on Verizon LTE

- Cannot access Cellular Data Account info via Cellular Data->View Account: Get "Reprovision Account" instructions, instead.

- General->About shows "Unknown" for Cellar Data Number

Any additional diagnostics/possible solutions appreciated!

Keep getting Reprovision Device Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.