Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

some of the songs ive put on my ipod shows up in light gray with a dashed circle next to it, and it wont play. any ideas why? the songs play on itunes but not on my ipod

some of the songs ive put on my ipod shows up in light gray with a dashed circle next to it. it works on itunes but wont play on my ipod. any ideas why?

Posted on Jul 7, 2013 12:55 AM

4 replies

Mar 3, 2015 10:59 PM in response to helper10

FIXED MY SYNC PROBLEM:

Finally found out why all of my music wasn’t syncing….. After the short sync time, a box would come up stating that there were “errors” when syncing. They were 14 tracks that had been deleted, but were still somewhere in a playlist.

If your getting a sync error message at the end, and there was a problem with some tracks.

• Take a screen shot of the “error” list.
  • Go to your Library, click on Music, then Playlists.
  • Search for and delete each individual track name from the "error" list.
  • Click on iPod and “Sync” again.

Pretty silly that it wouldn't just skip those tracks and sync the rest. Hope this helps.

Mar 11, 2016 12:41 PM in response to JThurmond7

I Have the probloem, but, mine says sync error with no list 😟

JThurmond7 wrote:

FIXED MY SYNC PROBLEM:

Finally found out why all of my music wasn’t syncing….. After the short sync time, a box would come up stating that there were “errors” when syncing. They were 14 tracks that had been deleted, but were still somewhere in a playlist.

If your getting a sync error message at the end, and there was a problem with some tracks.

• Take a screen shot of the “error” list.
  • Go to your Library, click on Music, then Playlists.
  • Search for and delete each individual track name from the "error" list.
  • Click on iPod and “Sync” again.

Pretty silly that it wouldn't just skip those tracks and sync the rest. Hope this helps.

Mar 23, 2016 4:59 PM in response to mflores4

So I'm having a similar issue with my iPod Touch, which I updated to version 9.3 today. The day before, I had transferred an album I bought a few years back onto my iTunes. This was because I had bought the album with a family member onto their iTunes, as I didn't have an Apple account yet. These songs, which I had to manually download because HomeSharing wouldn't work, won't transfer onto my iPod, but they are on my desktop computer's iTunes, and are playable. I've tried manually moving, I've tried re-syncing, but I can't get the album to transfer, along with a song that was released for free online by an artist I follow. They don't appear on my iPod, but when I check the songs on my iPod from my computer, they are all listed there, but grayed out and with the dashed circle next to them.

I was wondering if anyone has been in this same situation, and if so, had they found a solution, and what it was. Please, if anyone has any information, help me out, because this is my single favorite album, and I'm leaving for a vacation before long, and would like to be able to listen on the plane.

some of the songs ive put on my ipod shows up in light gray with a dashed circle next to it, and it wont play. any ideas why? the songs play on itunes but not on my ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.