Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail disappears from my inbox

This is driving me insane. I have my main email account which is an imap account and not the icloud one. Whenever I check my email on my desktop via Mail, once I view the new email, if I click on refresh or the button to receive incoming email, the freshly received and viewed email disappears from my inbox. I have tripple check my settings, and have even driven my email account provider (godaddy) crazy with this, but they have no idea what is going on.

Now, the email is not being deleted. If I log in directly online via the browser and access my email account, I will find it there on the server inbox, just like it should be on my desktop inbox, but is not.

Any ideas? I'm running Mountain Lion, 10.8.4 and like I said, none of my settings include deleting or moving emails to a different folder since I don't being that is an imap account I don't want to delete something by mistake on my iphone and have it deleted from the server.

Am I the only one having this issue?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 16GB RAM 2TB HD 3.4 GHzIntel Corei7

Posted on Jul 7, 2013 3:04 AM

5 replies

Mar 8, 2014 9:19 AM in response to Jose Arroyo2

I have the same problem on 10.9.2 Mavericks and simply rebuilding the mailbox(s) does not fix a thing (good try Linc but no cigar). Does anyone have any real viable suggestions to fix this problem? Obviously Apple knows about their defunk Mail program so are there any fixes on the horizon or should I just look for another mail solution which is reliable and stable?

Mar 8, 2014 1:30 PM in response to DaddyOooh

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions.

Send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem solved sooner.

Mail/Provide Mail Feedback

Try re-indexing Spotlight.

Spotlight – Re-index

and

Try re-indexing the mailbox. This can take awhile if you have a lot of mail.

Reindex messages

Airmail is selling pretty well in the App Store.

Mail Alternatives – 9 Free Email Programs

Mail Alternatives Review

Mail Alternatives Review (2)

mail disappears from my inbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.