Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WatchESPN w/Xfinity not working

I have Xfinity full package that includes all the espn's and hbo's. I bought a new ATV two weeks ago after the announcement of the new apps. HBOGO works perfect. ESPN 3 works perfect with my verizon internet.

I can't access live ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN U. I get the error message that I need to have espn as part of my tv provider package to get the channels. I do have espn. I called Xfinity and they confirmed that there is no reason I shouldn't be getting WatchESPN as part of my ATV.

Thoughts on what to do next?

Posted on Jul 7, 2013 6:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2017 1:10 PM

Fixed! This happened to me as well, but I also noticed that when signing into my provider through the app, it didn't allow me to fill in any credentials. It just said that I was automatically signed in. After calling espn, he had me turn off my wifi and log in via my wireless network. And it worked perfectly. Seems that it was pulling my Comcast info through my wifi, which isn't connected to the tv network? Idk, but try this, it worked for me.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2017 1:10 PM in response to tobarefeet

Fixed! This happened to me as well, but I also noticed that when signing into my provider through the app, it didn't allow me to fill in any credentials. It just said that I was automatically signed in. After calling espn, he had me turn off my wifi and log in via my wireless network. And it worked perfectly. Seems that it was pulling my Comcast info through my wifi, which isn't connected to the tv network? Idk, but try this, it worked for me.

Jul 7, 2013 8:00 AM in response to tobarefeet

Hi @tobarefeet,

Have you tried to enter your Apple TV activation code on ESPN website? I would verify by visiting this website from a PC/Mac: http://es.pn/appletv

Otherwise, you can call ESPN Customer Care at 1-888-549-3776 or you can send an email (using a PC/Mac or mobile device) from the WatchESPN feedback webform here:http://espn.go.com/watchespn/feedback.

I hope that helps.

 Eurodance

Jul 7, 2013 10:47 AM in response to tobarefeet

@tobarefeet,

When you received the message Activated Successfully on es.pn/appletv website, did you immediately see the black screen on your Apple TV that says, "Congratulations! you have successfully verified your TV provider"? And in Watch ESPN app, under Settings, do you see "Sign Out"?

If you all of the above are true, then I suggest that you contact ESPN Customer Care by calling 1-888-549-ESPN.

WatchESPN w/Xfinity not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.