Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to recover a concert that crashes Mainstage

After some creative exploration into importing and exporting patches, I have discovered a way to recover the contents of a corrupt concert, as long as you still have the concert file.

Here's how to recover a concert that crashes Mainstage:

1. Navigate to your corrupt Mainstage concert file (by default, these are stored in User/Music/MainStage). Right click your concert and select "Show Package Contents".
  2. There will be a bunch of files ending in .plistZ, a "Nodes" folder, and a .layout file. Open the "Nodes" folder.
  3. You should see a) your master channel strip files (something like 001 Reverb.cst, 002 Output 1-2.cst, etc.), b) files called "base.plistZ", "mappings.plistZ", and "uidata.plistZ", and c) a folder for every set in the show, containing folders for every patch in that set. As it turns out, the file structure of this "Nodes" folder is almost identical to the structure of an exported "Set" from MainStage. We are going to recreate a .patch file manually, then import it into a fresh Mainstage concert.
  4. Create a new folder and name it whatever you want. Probably the title of your concert.
  5. Copy the contents of the "Nodes" folder to your new folder and delete the files "mappings.plistZ" and "uidata.plistZ" from the top directory. Do NOT delete these files where they appear within your individual set and patch folders.
  6. In the new folder, rename "base.plistZ" to "nodes.plistZ".
  7. Now open Text Editor and create a file with the contents "/Applications/MainStage.app" and nothing else. Save this to your new folder with the name ".LSOverride". Finder should ask if you want to create a hidden file or something. Accept.
  8. NOW. The top-level or your new folder should contain ".LSOverride" (hidden), "nodes.plistZ", and folders of every set in your show, containing folders of every patch in those sets. Rename the new folder to end with ".patch". Finder will warn you about showing a folder as a single file. Accept.
  9. You should now have a patch file that you are able to import into a clean Mainstage concert. Open Mainstage, create a new concert, then press Command+I. (Alternatively, in Edit mode, find your "Actions" menu (the little gear with the arrow) at the top of your Patch List. Toggle the menu and select "Load Patch / Set"). Select your newly created .patch file from the finder drop-down and click Import. Mainstage should now load all the patches and mappings from your corrupt concert!
  10. Rejoice, for balance has been restored to the universe once again.

Optional: Remember the .layout file we saw in the concert's package contents? You can import that, too. Just go to Layout mode and select "Import Layout" from its little gear menu.

I'm pretty sure you can also recover your master channel strips by moving them to the proper location in the new concert file. I haven't tested this, though.

I hope this saves some folks from having to recreate their concerts that corrupt for bizarre reasons. Oh, and one final tip: BACK UP YOUR CONCERTS!

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 7, 2013 7:30 AM

2 replies

Oct 14, 2013 9:28 AM in response to KyleBD

man...i guess u are into nuclear science as a hobby 😁

on a serious note,i tried your way and just could'nt get past the first step !! so i give up and try some alternatives which dont help either...so i get so desperate that i come back to this post and try again,but cant figure it out !

please don't get me wrong.....the problem here is MEEEEEEEE !!

so i figure,why cant i just mail u the concert and hope that maybe u could work your magic on it and mail it back to me 😊

sure i sound like a lazy dude not willing to try,but then again i'm just a musician and highly tecnollergic !(thats my term for techno allergic...or atleast the data entry part of tech)

so if u wanna do a good deed for the day then here's your chance!

please mail me at bonio@hotmail.com if you can

thanx

How to recover a concert that crashes Mainstage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.