Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 8 and itunes problem (iphone not showing up as a device)

My new PC laptop has Windows 8 and in itunes my iphone doesn't show up as a device when I connect it to the laptop. I've tried all the fixes mentioned.

Windows 8

Posted on Jul 7, 2013 9:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2013 8:58 AM

Hello Avanwhy,

I would be concerned too if iTunes was not recognizing my iPhone. I wasn't sure what steps you have already tried, but I recommend reviewing the steps in this article (you can skip any steps you have already taken):

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1538

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2013 8:58 AM in response to Avanwhy

Hello Avanwhy,

I would be concerned too if iTunes was not recognizing my iPhone. I wasn't sure what steps you have already tried, but I recommend reviewing the steps in this article (you can skip any steps you have already taken):

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1538

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

Jul 9, 2013 9:02 AM in response to Avanwhy

Try one or more of the following:

- Restart your computer

- Uninstall & Reinstall iTunes

- Reset iPhone (will NOT delete everything) [Settings>>General>>Reset>>Reset All Settings]

- Go to My Computer (Windows XP) or Computer (Windows Vista or 7) and see if it shows (should show as a digital camera)

- Restore iPhone (will DELETE everything) [Settings>>General>>Reset>>Erase All Content & Settings]

- Make sure iTunes & iOS Firmware is up to date.

Windows 8 and itunes problem (iphone not showing up as a device)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.