Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone else this error after iPhoto crashes when importing?

I tried searching for answers on Google, Bing, Webcrawler, and even Wolfram but there is no answer for this anywhere on the web. Just got done installing my new hard drive. I made sure to backup EVERYTHING and I even made a zip copy of my iphoto library.

On my initial first launch of iPhoto, I try to import my library and iPhoto crashes after about 3 seconds. In the error report window that comes up, it lists this as the reason why it was terminated:

'[<NSCFDictionary 0x1f0ad190> valueForUndefinedKey:]: this class is not key value coding-compliant for the key 1140.'

Does anyone know if this is a simple code fix or how to solve errors like these? Remember, this is fresh install of OS X on a new SSD hard drive. All of my Adobe apps are running great with no hassles. The only apps that are giving me trouble are iPhoto and Aperture.

Even worse is that now Aperture is stalling every time I try to export a version of a photo that I retouched. I'm thinking it probably has something to do with why iPhoto constantly crashed when importing.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 6GB RAM w/ SSD

Posted on Jul 7, 2013 1:46 PM

4 replies

Jul 7, 2013 2:04 PM in response to DJWebDUck

When I said, "import," I meant that I do drag my iphoto library as whole and drop it into iPhoto.

That is eactly what you NEVER do - that is importing the old library into the new one - you never do that

again it is very simple

You NEVER Import an iPhoto library - period

You drag an iPhoto Library intact as a single entity to the pictures folder and launch iPhoto -- No importing involved

LN

Does anyone else this error after iPhoto crashes when importing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.