Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bootable backup of bootcamp partition

I have had problems with my MacBook Pro Retina, in that I adjusted the partition size in windows and not OSX. That caused the MBR for Windows to crash and wiped out the OSX partation. I did have a time macnine backup, but was no use. For some reason it would never restore to a bootable partition. I also had a Ghost backup of the Windows partition, and it too would not restore. Went through four 5 hour sessions trying to get it to restore. I eventually found out that the only thing that may work was WinClone for the Mac. I have since found out that I cannot adjust partitions in Windows and have them work without causing severe problems. I have reinstalled Mountain Lion, and Windows, and all essential programs I use on a daily basis and am now back up and running.

I have the MacBook Pro Retina with the 750 GB internal SSD. I need to make a clone of the OSX partition, which I have pretty much figured out how to do so I don't have to reinstall everything again. I need to make a bootable backup, I guess with WinClone, of the Windows partition and am wondering if I am going about it in the right way or not.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), Bootcamp Windows 7

Posted on Jul 7, 2013 5:34 PM

There are no replies.

bootable backup of bootcamp partition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.