Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

won't repartition

I have been trying to restore Windows 7 to a partitioned iMac (late 2009). I am having to start all over, apparently and have gotten to the point where I designate space for the Mac and for the Windows . I am getting a message that says I have to erase my Mac side, or something to that effect, before partitioning. Is this true? Am I getting this right? It says that some files can't be moved.

HELP! I am getting very frustrated, as there seems to be some new quirk every time I make an adjustment, and my Apple care expired recently.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Jul 7, 2013 5:53 PM

6 replies

Jul 8, 2013 11:54 AM in response to momto3young

I have dealt with noncontiguous errors before. Here are the steps that I have taken to solve the problem:

1: Make a Time Machine Backup of you system

2: Boot into a USB Flash Key or your install DVD to reinstall OSX

3: Use Disk Utility on the Flash Key or DVD to reformat your hard disk

4: Restore your drive from your time machine backup.

After you complete these steps you should be able to create a fresh windows partition.

Best,

Stuart-

won't repartition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.