Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dropped my iphone in water, it goes on, but shows the apple logo with text and goes out again, what to do?

So, I dropped my iphone into a river and picked it up very quickly, turned it out and put it in rice, after some hours I saw it was on with a blueish screen so I turned it off again and put it back in the rice, then after 6 hours in total from when it fell in the water I charge it and see the start up apple logo but then small text appears in the upper corner and it goes out again, this happened now twice, what is this and what to do?

iPhone 5

Posted on Jul 7, 2013 3:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2013 4:05 PM

put it in a bowl of rice for 72 hours and pray, if that does not fix it, Apple will sell you a replacement one for $229

7 replies

Jul 7, 2013 4:16 PM in response to Ssoophh

Try the method of putting it in a bowl of rice. If the issue remains then you would need a replacement.

If you have AppleCare+ then you could get it replaced with one of your 2 incidents.

If you do not have ApplCare+ you would get a replacement as an Out of Warranty Service due to accidental damage. Now based on your country/region you could either get a replacement through postage or at an Apple Retail Store. Follow the link below for a pricing:

http://www.apple.com/support/service/

- select iphone

- select your country

- select warranty and service pricing

Choose the last option and it will give you a price based on your country and iPhone. Remember the cost shown includes a postage fee so look below the prices and how much the postage fee is as this would not be included in the cost if the replacement was done at a store.

Hope this helps🙂

Jul 8, 2013 12:35 PM in response to Ssoophh

It's working again! I went to the apple store in Amsterdam, where the people where not so nice because they opened it up and while doing so scratched the back of my phone, I complaint and they didn't care they told me it was broken anyhow and will never work again, still they shouldn't scratch it even if it was broken, now at home decided to try one more time to see if I really need to pay 230 for a new one, and voila everything's working but now i've got a big scratch at the back, oh well I'm crazy happy that all is well.

Oct 9, 2015 2:51 AM in response to Ssoophh

And was all your data still on there? Funny coincidence, but I'm in Amsterdam, too. My girlfriend is here visiting me, and she managed to drown her 4S a week ago. It's stuck at the Apple logo part and I'm worried about the data that's still on there being deleted during whatever they do at the Apple store (at Leidseplein, right?).

Dropped my iphone in water, it goes on, but shows the apple logo with text and goes out again, what to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.